PSX Silent Hill 1 Translation

Hier könnt Ihr Erfahrungen rund ums Thema "ROM-Translation" und "ROM-Hacking" austauschen

Moderator: DarkZero

Antworten
Benutzeravatar
mattcobalta
Beiträge: 3
Registriert: Di Jan 10, 2006 3:22 pm

PSX Silent Hill 1 Translation

Beitrag von mattcobalta »

Hi
I project to translate PSX game Silent Hill into french, i currently work with ePSXe, a cue/bin ROM image of the game and Hexecute as search/replace hexa tool.
No pb with menu translation :
Bild
Bild
but I can't find string for variable text like item's one (Handgun received...)
Bild
It can be crypted or memory text :?

Another problem, there are 4 files in the .bin :
- SYSTEM.CNF
- SLUS_007.07
- SILENT
- HILL

I currently do direct text replacement into the .bin file, it works fine but I would like to edit only the SILENT file which contains the text. I have tried to edit the file then rebuild the ROM with CD_DVD-ROM Generator 1.50 and iml2isov1.2 but I can't make the iso to run with ePSXe, black screen on boot, I must forget something.
Need your help :wink:
Benutzeravatar
Katana
Beiträge: 5337
Registriert: So Jan 02, 2000 1:01 am

Beitrag von Katana »

Have you tried SnesEdit yet? It can handle PSX ISOs very well as I'm informed.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your problem, but I haven't done any PSX translation yet.
Benutzeravatar
mattcobalta
Beiträge: 3
Registriert: Di Jan 10, 2006 3:22 pm

Beitrag von mattcobalta »

Thanks for the tool.
I don't find the searched string with relative mode, want to try compressed but it doesn't work.
I will try PSX debug, maybe I will see these string in memory.
Benutzeravatar
mattcobalta
Beiträge: 3
Registriert: Di Jan 10, 2006 3:22 pm

Beitrag von mattcobalta »

Another problem, there are 4 files in the .bin :
- SYSTEM.CNF
- SLUS_007.07
- SILENT
- HILL

I currently do direct text replacement into the .bin file, it works fine but I would like to edit only the SILENT file which contains the text. I have tried to edit the file then rebuild the ROM with CD_DVD-ROM Generator 1.50 and iml2isov1.2 but I can't make the iso to run with ePSXe, black screen on boot, I must forget something.
Need your help
The only way to rebuild the ROM I found is PSX CD-Gen , iml file + iml2iso or psx2hd + stripiso + buildcd doesn't work with my image.
Big thanks to habgard from http://forums.emulator-zone.com
Jimmy
Chrono Trigger Guru
Beiträge: 1128
Registriert: Mo Jul 02, 2001 12:01 am

Beitrag von Jimmy »

You should try Imaging it with Isobuster and use CdMage to reinsert them Manuell.

The PRoblem with Silent Hill is, that there is no Real Usement for the Table's since it is from Konami.
Most of the Time they use Compressiones like SquareEnix does.

You should try to run a TIMSearch of the whole Game, maybe there is a possibility that there is a TIM File who is used as a Font.
Otherwise, i never played it so i cant really help u, i would guess it could be a a graphic or Compressed Text
Bild
Antworten